The year is slowly coming to an end. Looking back, the memories of 2015 brings smile on my face. Although I’ve faced some difficult moments, was 2015 a year I will never forget. I got married to love of my life, I’ve travelled and explored new unknown places and revisited some of the places I already visited, and last but not least, I’ve started writing Slovenian Girl Abroad blog.
Let’s do a quick recap of 2015:
- I’ve visited two new countries: Japan and Netherlands, biding goodbye to 2015 with total count of 24 visited countries.
- I’ve stepped at the Asian continent for the first time.
- The longest time I’ve been away from home in 2015 was 14-days trip to Japan in May and June.
- I’ve spent 9 days skiing at different ski slopes in Switzerland: Mürren, Flims-Laax-Falera, Meiringen-Hasliberg, Grindelwald, Melchsee-Frutt and Zermatt.
- I’ve spent 1 day sledging in Engelberg.
- I did 7 hiking trips on which I’ve meet the countless number of cows: Bürgenstock (2 times), Tällihütte, Bonistock, Brienzer Rothorn, from Furri to Zermatt.
- I’ve been to 1 fair: International Motor Show in Geneva
- I’ve spent 2 days relaxing at the spa & wellness in Ptuj, Slovenia and 1 day soaking in onsen in Hakone, Japan
- I’ve visited 2 zoos/animal parks: Natur & Tierpark Goldau (2 times) and Jigokudani Monkey Park and 1 aquarium: Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan.
- I’ve petted cats from the cat cafe for the first time.
- I’ve attended 4 sports events: FIS Ski Alpine World Cup race in Maribor, baseball match in Tokyo, cycling race Tour de Suisse in Rotkreuz and FIS Ski Jumping World Cup event in Engelberg.
- I’ve been to 7 UNESCO World Heritage sites: Himeji-jo, Hiroshima Peace Memorial (Genbaku Dome), Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto, Historic Monuments of Ancient Nara, Itsukushima Shinto Shrine, Seventeenth-century canal ring area of Amsterdam inside the Singelgracht and Swiss Alps Jungfrau-Aletsch.
- I’ve checked 6 things off my endless bucket list: I visited a cat cafe in Tokyo, toured Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Park and Museum, saw Rembrandt’s Nightwatch at Rijksmuseum, visited Predjama Castle in Slovenia, skied at Zermatt slopes (2 times) and hung out with snow monkeys in Japan.
Leaving 2015 with great memories, I’m looking forward to 2016 and the new and exciting adventures new year is going to bring.
Have a Happy New Year!