17th February marks Slovenian Girl Abroad blog’s second anniversary – I can’t believe it’s already been two years since I started writing this blog! Thank every single of you for sticking around this long! I really do appreciate!
Since I usually don’t share a lot about my personal life, I thought I could make the exception for this special occasion and share with you some facts about myself. Here we go:
- My name Urška is Slovenian version of the name Ursula. It derives from the Latin word “ursa” meaning “she-bear”.
- I can communicate in four languages: Slovene, English, German and Serbian/Croatian (well, five, if you count Latin).
- The first time I’ve travelled by airplane was in 2005 when I flew with my family to Varna in Bulgaria.
- I still prefer reading print books over e-books.
- My favourite sports to watch are alpine skiing and ski jumping.
- Everybody has a guilty pleasure—for me, it has to be Eurovision Song Contest.
- I don’t eat fresh tomatoes, but I like dried tomatoes, tomato-based sauces and ketchup.
- I have missed only one flight in my life. The reason was the accident at the highway because of which we were stuck in a traffic jam for more than an hour.
- I do still save entry tickets and booklets from my travels.
- I used to hate hiking, but since moved to Switzerland it grew to my heart. Now, I love spending the weekends hiking in the Swiss mountains.
Thanks again to all those who follow along, like and comment on my blog. Here’s to the next year!